This one day course is intended for those who already use Microsoft Word and would like to create and work efficiently with long documents or reports.
The skills and knowledge gained in this course will enable you to use the following features with ease:
By the end of this course you should be able to: Format Long Documents, Use Styles, Create Table of Contents and Index, Use Outline View, Create Master Documents and so much more:
- Recap Essentials
- Understand/Create Page and Section Breaks
- Create, Modify and Manage Styles
- Create Templates
- Build and Amend Tables of Contents
- Use Outline View and Document Maps
- Use the Navigation Pane for ease of movement
- Combine Multiple Word Documents
- Use Track Changes to Review Your Document
- Multi-Level Numbering
- Manage Headers, Footers and Page Numbering
- Collaborate on Documents
- Create and Update an Index
- Adding Footnotes and Endnotes
- Create Master and Sub Documents
- Add Reference Marks And Notes
- Structure Content Using Quick Parts
- Using Bookmarks, Cross-References and Comments
- Insert a Table of Figures
- Inserting Citations and a Bibliography
- Create, Insert and Update Table of Authorities
- Compare Two Documents.
Do you have any problems using Microsoft Word? If you would like any particular topic included on this course or would like to discuss the contents please email email@example.com or phone Sue on 07770 472488 prior to the training.
Course outlines are what we hope to cover during the course. The course outlines are not written in stone and each course will vary slightly to meet the needs of the group attending.
I have never advertised the Microsoft Word – Working with Long Documents course but I have decided it’s time I did. It’s a FABULOUS course and I am sure that many people will find it useful.
Thank you Sue for a great session on working with Microsoft Word for long documents. The tips, shortcuts and advise you provided will certainly make my life easier in producing and compiling long documents. I learnt so many things that will save me time, reduce stress and help me to continue learning about Microsoft word and how it works to make my job easier. And all in a morning!
There is always so much we don’t know about things we regularly use, I would recommend this course to anyone who needs to write long or technical documents. I only wish I had found you earlier, the hours I could have saved.
Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and knowledge.
Gail – North Wales