I had the opportunity to come to North Wales, to improve my English, gain work experience and to experience the culture here.
This was organised by Conlan English Language School, Abergele. We spent the first week being introduced to our host families, having English lessons at Conlan School and familiarising ourselves with the local area.
I asked to be placed with an IT Company for my three week placement – I was placed with Sue Jackson of ByteBack Training, who delivers IT Training throughout the UK.
I have been kept very busy during this time and have carried out the following tasks:
- Checked and updated the laptops prior to use
- Prepared and set up mobile training room with laptops when needed
- Assisted with administration before during and after each course
- Helped people during the courses
- Helped prepare the Microsoft Word and Access courses for Continued Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
- Researched topics for posting on Social Media sites
- Researched Printers and Projectors – these have now been selected
- Checked all the layout and Links on ByteBack Training’s new website
During the last three weeks I have improved my IT Skills and learned:
- Microsoft Publisher – for creating posters, newsletters etc
- Microsoft Word – styles, tables of contents and lots of quick keys
- WordPress – for updating the website
- Touch Typing
- Created an Excel list of English words
I have enjoyed my visit to the UK and I would like to thank Conlan School for this fabulous experience – we visited Liverpool, Manchester, Chester, Llandudno, Conwy and climbed Snowdon!
I feel my speech and understanding of the English Language has improved greatly. I have really enjoyed attending the courses with Sue and meeting the course attendees. It has been very rewarding to see how everyone enjoyed the sessions, improved their skills and appreciated the training.